Wednesday, July 28, 2004

You really have to pick you battles in life.
 
Right now, I'm struggling.  I never realized how much I've been slipping, and I was a little overwhelmed at first, but I'm finally making some real progress.  There's always been a measure of anarchy in my life.  I've never much favored the entropic forces around me.  Still, I've begun to let this systematic push for order climb the long list of my priorities.  Each small victory is a step towards something great.  However far I find myself however, I must recognize the dichotomy of my task, the simultaneously overvalued and underappreciated nature of my current trial...
 
I started to clean out the garage after I got back from work.  I've already went through and shredded more than a year's worth of unopened junk mail--credit card offers, statements, and more.  I've done more than 15 loads of laundry in two weeks, despite only doing one or two loads a week previously.  I even cleared out most of my desk area.  I've figured out that I can pay down every penny of my credit card debt in less than three years, all while building up a little nest egg to keep my financial life from going awry.  I'm bringing some order to my life.  There are many more battles left though.  The bathroom.  Trying to curtail my nocturnal lifestyle.  Restarting a workout routine.  Getting my diet straight.  Getting the requisite health appointments squared away.  This is pickiing up where college left off.  This is tiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home