Saturday, September 27, 2003

I didn't have one class today, but it was the busiest first day of classes in my whole college career. I had my first bike ride to school today in more than two years. Luckily I still have some legs under me and didn't wear myself out too much. I helped out with the PUSO backpack check in for the bookstore. The strange thing is it felt like I didn't know anybody walking around anymore. That's the life of a 5th year.

I biked around a bit and downed 2 bobas (too bad they added ice to it as if the ice was more important than the boba). April stopped by and told me about her social dance class which she was taking for pass/non-pass and somehow convinced me to go, just so she'd know somebody in the class. When we got to the building she peeked in first... and it was all girls. It wouldn't have seemed that bad if it was at the ARC, but it was in the freaking dance school. We weren't even supposed to wear our shoes in there. Intimidating. Just a little. One other guy showed up, but he looked like he was a dancer. I was ready to leave when they had us sign in, but I stayed, planning to leave in an hour so I could pay my overdue gas bill (April never told me the class was THREE HOURS LONG!!). We learned the waltz and some salsa, and the instructor did some demonstrations of competitive type dances. I felt better that the dude didn't teach too much at a time and that I was actually picking everything up. My friend Phebe's friend Sharon was there and we introduced our selves... for the third time. At least she recognized me I guess. I ended up staying till the end of class because I didn't feel like biking 5 miles to pay my bill and it's due tomorrow anyway. I never would have pictured myself taking a class like social dance, but hey, it's great for single guys. We had a 10-1 girl to guy ratio or something like that. Now we just have to get some more people we know to show up just for kicks.

Afterwards, we headed over to Interfaith. Mark Anthony, Michael, Leo, and Nimz were prepping stuff for mass in the plaza, so I took the time to tune my bike up a little. Actually a lot. It took a while, but I got the squeek out of my brake and checked out the shifting and everything. I'm practically a freaking bike mechanic. Well, not really, but you never realize all the little parts on a bike that can get screwed up or rusted or just stuck. The difference is makes is worth the time too, but only if you care about that stuff. It's one of my pet peeves when people ride their bikes around campus and the brakes are squeeking while the chain sounds like it's slowly grinding the gears down into dusk. Silly kids. Get some oil.

Angie came by later. We got into the NoCal/SoCal thing and how Vallejo people are corrupt/dramatic/scandalous. April tried to counter, but she had nothing on Chino Hills. We got hungry, but April and Leo needed to move their cars, so I raced them to the parking structure, but got mixed up in traffic. I beat them to Mesa Court though. I thought I beat them back up to Interfaith, but they left right before I got there. Nimz left her car in the far lot (which was supposed to empty at 5:30, almost 2 hours late), so I biked up to check that it wasn't towed... then rode back again to move it to the lower lot, with my bike sticking out of the trunk. Mark Anthony footed for some Alejandros. They got back and we killed 2 carne asada nachos in 5 minutes. The burritos took a while though...

We finally started helping out with prep stuff and folded programs for mass in the plaza. April (Thumper) tried to elaborate on the virtues of Vallejo, while Leo, Mark Anthony and I enjoyed the entertainment. Marites (BNG fo life) came by and helped out too. Thumper started scaring some of the Mustard Seeds people... asking Anthony what group he was in, not like it said on his shirt on anything... Man, life of the party...

Nimz and Thumper went to get some clothes for the foam party. I went to go check it out for myself and my suspicions were right: there were too many freshmen. Crazy amounts of soapy freshies. I rode back and started working on the streamers with Cristina. Damn, it took two hours to finish those rolls, and it didn't let the finished side down the whole time, but now I'm feeling that repetitive stress symdrome-type stuff. Geez. Nimz and Janzel came back ready for the foam party, and April came a little later and just said "I'm sleepy." All that time just to come back and not want to go anymore. Hahaha. They went anyway and brought Leo. And they came back smelling like coconuts.

We felt like boba, so Mabobbers drove to Tapioca, but we got there 20 minutes late. Emptyhanded, we came back to Interfaith, only to head out again for Lollicup. Little did we know it was closed, as well as the other Tapioca out there in the boonies of Irvine. So we went to Carl's Jr and I got a spicy chicken. Again. Back again to Interfaith and we finally decided to call it a night. The bike ride home was nice, hardly any traffic to mess with. But damn, I'm tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home