Friday, June 18, 2004

is this my stop?
reach
just reach now
the end must be near
so i reach into the past
to drag myself out of the ground
but the roots go deep
almost too deep

i'm getting disconnected
no matter how hard i try to stop it
i'm throwing out new lines
reaching out
realizing the ties are only as strong as you make them
and only as loose as you let them

my grasp is loosening
was it ever that strong?
not when i think about it
i know if i keep my footing
i can still move forward

people are falling off the map
so i struggle to expand my world
before things grow old
in nothing except my mind

i'm still struggling
still attention starved
yet i perpetuate my invisibility
waiting at time to disappear
only to appear
a different time

i know these times are different
so i bring my old school anachronism
thinking not just to do something
but to do it right
do something right
what am i supposed to do?

i'm caught between
left and right
the future and the present
the present and the past
sunrise and sunset
between generations, philosophies, and feelings
but i'm only of one mind
and one heart
sometimes stretched far too thin

until something tears
the blood flows
and stains the ground
so i say
i've left my mark
i've left a trail
that i wonder if anyone follows

we all walk wounded at times
wait i delude msyelf
we all want to walk without pain
to separate our troubles from our smiles
but end up waiting before obstacles
while others just walk on

keep moving
i'm not content to stand here
i'm not comfortable being "comfortable"

happiness is is not a destination
it's a state
more of something you live in
than something you find
because it's always been there

there isn't only one way

just one love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home