Friday, January 27, 2006

I woke up and fell back asleep... which produced a weird dream.

I was practicing outside Interfaith for a meditation song and there was a solo part I had and really killed it. Which surprised everyone, including myself. I felt ready. We went in for mass, but time came for the meditation song, and Mel told me to stand near the piano, but for some reason, the floor by the piano was a lot lower than whatever the other singers were standing on. It made me feel really small. Then I waited for the music kick in and stared at the sheet music in front of me and for whatever reason, couldn't hear the song in my head at all. I was completely lost. No music yet. I tried to follow the notes and go over the words separately, but to no avail. No music still. Then Beej stepped in and everyone started doing the peace-be-with-you thing. So there was no meditation song after all.

Then I woke up.

I went to noon mass today, and the previous night or so, something had been stolen from the Jewish office of Interfaith. They had a police officer come down to investigate and take a statement, and it turned out to the be that cop. Oh yea, that cop. Which is ironic, because as it turns out, he's a good friend of Father Pat, who performed his wedding ceremony.

Show me your hands (gun pointed in my direction)

*holds arms out, palms down

I guess it's a good thing that I didn't know exactly what to do. Or maybe I'm sheltered. But it was funny nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home