Thursday, May 07, 2009

I always have my most vivid dreams right before my alarm or right after I hit snooze.

*begin dream sequence

It's my birthday party. Lots of family in the garage, and some of my friends too. Lester was there, but I think he was family (we're related?).

**Strange transition 1

I'm driving down the 71 ( the freeway by my house), but it's unpaved. There was a lot of construction going on so I had to slow down a stop a lot. The construction workers were checking driver's tongues for something, but I don't know what. I'm pretty sure someone was in the passenger seat, but I can' remember who. There were several forks in the road, and it seemed like we were going in circles at one point.

At one point we had to get out of the car and walk. For some reason now we were very gung ho about it. Now I realize I was traveling with a girl (but i still don't remember who). We came to a very narrow part in a trail, which went up along the side of a mountain. It was rocky and slippery, almost jungle like. It was almost impossible to fit through a hole in a rock formation and I couldn't get a good grip anywhere. There was only a narrow ledge to grip to try and step up some really short, steep rock steps. It turns out we were on top of a giant horn and right at the mouthpiece. Right as I was about to risk falling to try to fit through the rock opening I saw a sign that suggested we blow into the horn. When we did something opened up and we slid down a corkscrew in the horn (like it was Raging Waters or something)

** Strange Transition 2

I was in my apartment (even though we were just at my house) watching Aladin with my wife (wtf?!?!... let's call herJane) when my dad shows up to our apartment. He says something to me and then goes to the bathroom down the hall to take a shower. After a little while Jane wants some... attention, we run down the hallway to our bedroom, only my dad exits the bathroom at the same time, impeding our progress. Suddenly it's very awkward. She makes it to the room ahead of me while i'm stalled by my dad. After a few moments I finally get to the bedroom. There's a bunk bed or loft bed in the middle of the room a little off to the side and not much else, except for some pillows on the floor. Jane wife is up in the bed, fast asleep.

** Strange Transition 3

I go back into the living room and our roommates (another couple) are moving some things around. It looks like they decided to renovate their room. They replaced the toilet (in their room?!?!) and added a wood burning stove/heater in the middle of the room with a exhaust pipe through the ceiling.

** Strange Transition 4

I'm back in my bedroom, and I climb the bunk bed to wake up Jane. It looks like she's hiding under the covers, but when I pull them away, she's not there. Suddenly it starts raining hard, with thunder and lightning. I look out the window and I realize my driver's side car window is open (as it is in real life--the damn thing won't roll up) . I rush outside to get to the garage (at my house... even though I'm at my apartment?!?!) to switch my brothers car and my car, which was outside in the driveway. Once I got outside, I was in downtown LA (although it also could have been downtown Chicago). I ran around the corner to the next building where my brother was so I could get his keys. As I was running, someone down the street pulled out two antique style pistols and started shooting randomly at people. I made it around the corner safely, but another guy pulled out a gun and started shooting randomly as well.

I ducked into the building and ran to the elevators. Once the doors opened up I went in and pushed a button, but there were some other people waiting, a girl wearing a hat and a guy. They didn't enter right away though. Instead the girl stands at the doors and looks at me funny. I start staring at her because she's staring at me and then i realize it's Josie. They finally step into the elevator and I ask her what's she's doing here and she introduces me to her husband.

*end dream sequence

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home