Wednesday, April 02, 2003

It's been a great day so far. I woke up right when my stereo turned on at 8 am and sat up, letting the music stir my brain for a couple of minutes while Malcolm (the cat) ran up to me and licked my big toe. Silly cat. I took a shower later than I wanted to because my other roommate works at 9, and I thought someone was in the shower the whole time, but I was wrong. My other roommate, who got me to take a last class with him, since it's his last quarter, waited for me to get ready so I could give him a ride. I made him chill out so I could eat some yogurt. I really don't like to be rushed to go places unless I feel like getting ready quickly. Gotta take it easy...

We arrived at school about 8:45, 15 minutes late. On top of that, we had to hike up to Roland Hall, all the way across campus. First we bump into Matt, our old roommate. Then we see another of our old roommates, Jeremy. That's two white guys. Would there be a third? J-Lo was third. By the time we got to class, there were no seats left and we ended up sitting on the floor by an AC vent in the back. Fifteen minutes later, class was over. Students stormed to the front to ask questions so we waited five minutes to ask for a syllabus. On the walk back to the student center through the park, my roommate and I bumped into Linda (who has a propensity to forget my name), Charlene, and Matt (again). We sat on some benches and talked for a little bit, then Linda left and we all walked to towards the student center, bumping into people every 50 feet (literally). Inside the food court, even more people to bump into. I was talking to Josie and didn't realize Eileen had cut in front of me at Subway. Real sneaky. I ate outside with my roommate, Matt, and his girlfriend. At one point they were talking about having to sit next to really large people who end up encroaching on your personal space. I then went to two discussions in a row, even though I didn't think they would meet, but they did. I forced myself to take notes too. I think I'm going to keep this up. I feel much more accomplished when I actually do things...

I went to the student health center after class to get my mosquito bite (which was fairly HUGE by then) checked out, bumping into more and more people on the way. I got to the clinic thinking I'd only be paying maybe 15 bucks to see the doctor and get some ointment. Little did I know about the $100 deductible on the USHIP insurance thing which I forgot to cancel even though I'm under Kaiser. At least financial aid take care of that. According to my roommate, you can get $5 eye checkups with USHIP insurance. Too bad it didn't help me much. I paid $47 just to talk to the doctor and get ointment and antibiotics. Hard to justify, even with a nicely swollen arm. I have to take antiboitics now, and I don't really like taking medicine unless it's very necessary, and to me, an insect bite doesn't strike me as a great risk, but I think I'll just follow the doctor's orders. Besides, I paid $10 for the pills.

Walking back, I picked up a Vietnamese sandwich from Circle-K for $2. I made my way home and take my pills and apply my ointment, but the cream didn't seem to make the itching go away. Hopefully the stuff works on me. My roommate informed me that SBC called, so I check the phone bill I haven't opened, $66 overdue and the due date stated was April 2. Damn. I called them up and straightened things out, having to make two calls and sort though the whole freaking automated telephone answer system before being able to speak to a live person. I ended up paying $109 off my ATM card for three months of service. I guess it's time to collect. The antiboitics started to give me stomach pains, so I took a little nap on the couch for 2 hours. Maybe it wasn't such a small nap. I missed PUSO, but I left for Liwanag a little late. I put on a jacket and it really irritated my mosquito bite, so I yelled a little bit in the car while I drove off. It was good to see so many people at the meeting and watching them ham it up while we had our skit practice. I was supposed to work out with my roommate and play racquetball with Mel and GP at 11, but Reg and I left the meeting around 11:15, and when we parked she realized she left her wallet in her car. We finally get started around 11:30 and I map out a routine for Reg, but she refused to do the leg parts. Her and her superstitions. I walked over to the racquetball courts and start to play, and then the lights shut off. I had a good four swings. I drove Reg back to Interfaith, and met Brian there. We went to the copier room to make flyers to distribute for the spirit rally. Reg was being mean and didn't want to talk to Shelby and managed to mess up 26 sheets of paper. Brian and I restrained her while we dailed Mom to let her know. She just laughed, although Reg fought pretty hard to try and hang up the phone. We talked some more and then left, so Brian stuck some of her sheets in her windshield wipers. Reg then drove in front of BaniBJ and messed with his van, while I tried to move Reg's car with the nose of my car (not easy with a stick shift). She ended up throwing the sheets into my open window, so I left her a little surprise. April 1st may have been over, but April 2 was just beginning...

3:00 am now, time for bed. ARC tomorrow anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home