Monday, September 29, 2003

I'm bummed. Upset. Depressed. Today I lost my phone somewhere, between leaving the apartment and riding to school on my bike. I don't even know where. It could be in the apartment, or somewhere in the garage, or out next to the curb on the street, or somewhere near middle earth. All I know is that it's not ringing, which means it's either a) lost with a dead battery or b) beyond repair/smashed/destroyed. I can't say for sure, which allows for that little possibility that I've just misplaced it somewhere or someone might have picked it up and just might try to return it to me. That sucker was expensive, and I've only had it for 5 months. $185 after tax... supposed to be $85 total after rebate, but I neglected to turn the damn rebate in. And now everything seems to point at me having to buy a new/replacement phone. I didn't get insurance on it because I never lost my phone before. I'm not happy with myself. I even thought about securing it to my bike because it was a little uncomfortable in my pocket, but I didn't attach the little gear holder to my bike yet. I can't even remember if I really had it in my pocket at the time because I had the garage door opener in the same pocket so it just felt bulky.

So now I'm phoneless. All I can do now is keep looking and pray that it turns up somewhere, or I just made a damn expensive screw-up. Just when I was going to buy a film scanner ($300 on sale after rebate... $600 retail). It's not even one of those impulse buys either. I have maybe 300 rolls of film that I've shot since sophomore year and I don't like the fact that they're all sitting in a box in the garage. I want to be able to have quick access to them, and I figure I'd definitely get my money's worth out of it. Just like my $700 bike. Especially since I can get years of use out of it, then turn around and sell it for $400 or $500. Same with the film scanner. Same with my camera. But now I have to replace my phone. And I could very well be out $185. Plus a replacement. Shit.

Shit.

And I don't say it often, but shit. That's rent. That's a hell of a lot of food. That's 19 hours of work. That's a film scanner. Half a new computer. Damn. Maybe I'll just say screw it and go phoneless till my contract runs out...

17 more months and $45 a month...

Shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home