Sunday, October 26, 2003

Surreal. Everything seemed like a dream today. I woke up and the sky was orange. It was already past 1, so I crossed Friendship Games of my list of things to do. When I went outside, it was more of an amber sky, but the sun was magenta. Anything that was green looked like it was half glowing. It was like I was wearing my amber-lens sunglasses, which make the grass look crazy. I got in my car and the normally green lights for the digital clock and cd player were a nice shade of blue now. Even better, all the headlights on all the cars looked like they were superwhite high intensity discharge (HID) lights like some new cars have. Crazy. I went to three different stores to buy birthday candles for Khristine's birthday surprise, and I ended up having to cross the picket lines at Ralphs. It felt like I was in a movie all day.

Riding to the park for our BBQ/birthday surprise, all the ash kept getting in my eyes. It was a good time, chillin, doing wheelies in the grass, and playing badminton. We stayed till well past sunset, just doing whatever in the dark. We all headed back to the apartment to play some pusoy dos and Texas-Hold'em till we couldn't take it anymore. I hope the ash in my nasal passages doesn't mess me up tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home