Thursday, December 18, 2003

I remember when I was young, I always had some kind of healing cut or bruise or scrape. As the years passed, there were several months or even years where I never had so much as a scrape. Now that I'm in college, I once again have the small scabs and scars that I always had as a young child. That first injury, that first pain that I had to deal with after not having any for so long... that was a thorn in my side. But now I realize that too often I've held back for fear of getting hurt that my caution turned to blindness and my injuries were my education. And so as the flesh is broken and healed, so are my muscles when I ask more of them than they are accustomed to, but they become stronger.... so are my bones... and so is my heart. Sometimes, is it the best way to grow.

When you stop growing, you only start dying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home