Tuesday, November 23, 2004

I haven't laughed so much in a long time. Oh dang, I started crying. Not as much as Erwin did, but almost. I feel like I'm getting back towards equilibrium too. On Sunday I felt like I was going to lose it a few times, and I didn't even know why, but it could have been the aftermath of the being on a rollercoaster for too long. It really helped to be around people, and damn, those Liwanag peeps were more than entertaining tonight. Earlier, I had the pleasure of seeing one of the kids I tutor laugh for maybe the second time that I've ever seen. And it wasn't just once, but at a lot of the things I was saying. It feels like I finally got him to relax around me, which hopefully means I can help him more. I don't like tutoring on an impersonal level. Once you establish some kind of connection with a student, you become invested in their development. It's the hidden value of teaching. I used to wonder why I stick with this tutoring thing, besides the money. Now, I feel like I'm doing something. And that's something.

I need to rest up though. I'm still pretty exhausted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home