Wednesday, March 23, 2005

What else can I say? As Lent winds down and Easter approaches, I find myself being more and more comtemplative about everything. About my sacrifice, how I've failed, how I've acted, and how I've changed, at least in the past few weeks. At mass on Sunday, reading the part of the "voice," I found myself questioning. Not my faith, but who I would be in the story. It's both a good and bad thing, but this faith of mine seems to become more real during Holy Week.

Yesterday I went snowboarding with Robert and Leo. I was a little anxious, because last time I went, I got pretty messed up. Too many falls on my ass. It felt like I was fighting my better instinct to give up. My last run was the coup de grace... I hobbled off the slopes, dejected and hardly able to walk. Damn snowboard boots didn't make it any easier. I don't bruise easily at all, but about a week later I developed a major nasty bruise on my right butt cheek. It looked more like a scab--black and purple--than a bruise. It stayed the same darkness for a whole week before it started to fade. I guess I had internal bleeding or something.

This time was different. I'm going back for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home