Saturday, April 30, 2005

Bad timing.

I read in ESPN magazine an editorial about how the championship droughts of the Boston Red Sox and the Chicago Cubs are related in a way. Boston just seemed to run out of bad luck just when it needed to.

It's too bad you can't run out of bad timing. You just suffer from it.

I woke up too late to go the sample sales up in LA anytime early. Ran out of change for the parking meters right when it would have helped the most ($15 for two hours parking... what?) Spent too much walking around the wrong side the building. Left LA too early to feel like I looked around enough and too late to avoid the hideous traffic (why does it smell like essence of porta-potty right around the 10 freeway in downtown?). It took an hour and a half to get to Santa Ana. Ridiculous. Checked out MainPlace mall. Why? I don't know. Tried on some hats that I didn't think of buying, and found a limited edition one that wasn't even inventoried yet, so I couldn't buy it. Left too late to make it to the Kaiser optometry clinic in Tustin to check out some eyeglass frames. Got back to Madrona too late to feel like going to tutor (there's always tomorrow). Left too late from Madrona to make UCC mass choir practice, but I made it in time for cleanup.

I've been noticing numbers a lot lately. Especially my birthday numbers. It happens most often with the time, which I seem to unexplicably check at the same moment on different days at random. I even notice when it happens with other people, like April's text, right at 4:28. Coincidence? Maybe not. Time is a strange animal. 435? Thought so. I hope I just don't look to much into things...

Just like my case of mistaken identity last night. It's what I get for trying to look for people I know whevever I am. I did see some random faces though... like Ray from a youth group back home. That was random. Some dude walked close to us at D&B's. I thought he looked like Mark. He walked behind GP's head, so I looked at him again when he was right next to me and unconsciously pulled my hand out to say 'what's up'... but it was some stranger instead. I was kind of shocked, and just said "oh..." and crossed my arms again. Damn, that was funny.

I was walking through the men's underwear section at Macys and a 3 or 4 year old walks up, points at some boxers and asks, "Will these fit my daddY?" I said something like 'sure' and he grabs a box and says, "These are L. Mommy, will daddy fit these?"

I need to keep writing, just to keep my thoughts from getting tangled up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home