Thursday, March 08, 2007

when it rains

Someone out there has my phone. It's not broken or run over. It's not anywhere in plain sight. I knew I lost it minutes after it fell out of my pocket running from the office where I work to the store across the street. Two very small parking lots and maybe 100 feet of sidewalk, and somehow a cell phone vanishes in broad daylight. This, only 4 days after a busted radiator and 5 hour wait for a tow truck. Good thing I'm not superstitious, or I'd be waiting for the coup de grace right now. Two weeks ago I lost my ATM card. I guess that might make it three. But that wasn't a big deal. It wasn't expensive. In fact, it was free to replace. The radiator? $326. And 5 hours. And $60 missed work. And the inconvenience of not having my car (and whatever was in it). And the tip for the tow truck. And the $5 to park in downtown L.A. What is that? $450 and time? Now I have lost contacts, lost time, stress, anxiety, possible fradulent calls made, and no means of first person communication for work. Add another $50 for a phone insurance claim and it's been an expensive week.

I don't lose things. That's not in my nature. The only times I've lost my phone are when it's fallen out of my pocket or unclipped itself while I was running around. I've never lost my car keys, and only lost an ATM/credit card once. Maybe twice. And ever time I lose something, I go crazy trying to find it. I don't leave my stuff laying around and I don't misplace things. That's why this is so aggravating. I've recovered my phone several times when I thought it was gone, but if someone out there picked it up... that's one possibility that I can't get over right now.

Eff.

Somehow, I'm trying to believe this is all part of the plan. So far, I'm failing. Please show me otherwise. Maybe it's asking a lot. I can handle the costly mistakes. I'm used to those. I can't handle the expensive ones right now.

Is it time to get that real job yet?

Ever since I've been starting to solidfy my motivations, it seems things are being to conspire against me. I sacrifice some things, and other things get taken away. I make some changes, and then my situation is altered. This is frustrating to no end.

I'm going to have to transfer all this restlessness to the motivations department, because I'm getting swamped. Please help me. I can't do this alone.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi im praying for you.

here's a hand.

:)

3:18 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:00 AM  
Blogger kathleen said...

Hey Jason - I have an extra phone - it's t-mobile I believe.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home