Friday, December 12, 2008

oh my tortured sole[s], part two

I got to 24 a little earlier hoping that the same cats weren't monopolizing the court again. They were there, and since I went specifically wanting to ball, I waited. Three games I waited, even though I should have only waited one. It sucks not knowing anyone and waiting for pickup games. The third game got started and I was getting warmed up. Turns out these dudes like to argue. As good as two of the guys were, they liked to argue about stupid calls. That got everyone arguing. There were at least six occasions when they stopped playing for 3-5 minutes and argued. It was so ridiculous to the point of comedy. One of the shorter dudes got pissed off for being called for traveling, so he chucked the ball from half court to the wall. Well the ball almost didn't make it to the wall. Pretty funny. Two of the other cats almost went to blows... well maybe a shoving match... when the game was over one of them was still heated, so he jumped up and put a hole in the drywall near the exit sign.

So I played.... more like ran around and through screens, hoping I'd grab a loose ball or long rebound so I could dribble a few times, maybe think about taking a shot. There's a whole lotta iso up top... "i don't need a screen. clear the lane and look at me drive this into traffic"... I didn't get my first shot attempt till my fourth game. good thing i swished it. and then two possessions later we lost.

My feet are tore up. And I'm sore. But in a good way.

I'll pick this up again in a few days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home