Saturday, April 05, 2003

Well, I missed my first class today. I didn't make that much of my second class either, which was at 2. I did get to buy some new socks. I've been wanting to buy some new socks for a while because my old ones have been getting more and more loose. I love the feel of new socks. Afterwards, I went to go play basketball at San Marco park at 5 with David, Ryan, and GP. I thought more people were coming, but it was alright because it was really windy and the windchill felt like 50 degrees. We played until the sun went down, and even a little bit after, despite the lack of any lighting. I actually drove left and finished a couple of times, even though my left handles basically suck. If we keep playing every week, we'll be in really good condition for the Days bball tournament in July. I want to redeem myself. I really stunk it up last year. I think two of my shots went over the backboard. I lifted the day before though, and my arms felt a little numb. No excuse this year. We're going to tear it up.

We all went to the driving range next, making plenty of noise for the other people to get distracted to. I've never had any golf experience before, so I really showed them what a true novice looks like. One of my shots hit the stupid golf ball tray (which is only 2 inches high) and ricocheted backwards into the parking lot... I think it hit a car, because there was a metallic thud, but I didn't see any dents in the cars, so I went back to hacking. The majority of the shots that I made contact with were line drives about 2 feet off the ground. I whiffed a couple of times too, just enough to put the gold ball a good 5 feet away. I actually had one (just one) good shot down the middle, about 175 or 200 yards. I was so proud, I lifted the golf club high with both hands and let everyone know. I don't think the other people appreciated it, but it's all good. Next destination: batting cages. I managed to hit one home run out of 36 pitches. I think I only hit 3 balls. That's on medium and slow pitching too. Man, I need to practice or something. That's definitely a shot to the ego. Feeling like more craziness, I went to the ARC afterwards just for the hell of it. That made 6 workouts in 7 days.

I went home, showered, and we went to Days First Friday vigil, late like always. It was wierd without Jei and Dorothy there, but then again I've only been to it three times. We left after 12 and I got in David's car, but Brian turned around and parked BaniBJ right in front of David's car, with the lights on. All you could see was the grill and the lights. Haha. I rode with Brian back home, cut my hair, and made my way to 25A Parkwatts at 4 am so Fran could wake me up on time. She suggested I sleep over because she said I might oversleep. Where did she ever get that idea? Next destination: SOL youth rally 2003.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home