Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Last night, I planned on going to the ARC, but went to go eat with the roommates instead at Del Taco. Joyce and Tin wanted Starbucks, so I made sure to park right in the middle. It took a few tries, but I got it eventually. Joyce asked me if I wanted anything, and I said I wanted the almond bearclaws, but they were out. I got Joyce to ask the Starbucks guy for them though, and he thought she was tripping or something. Hehe. We tried the tacos al carbon at Del Taco, but they were really small, even smaller than the ones you get at Taco Tuesdays, but even more expensive. I drove back, but took a tour of Dartmouth, Parkwest, and the Dollhouse before going home. We stopped in front of the dollhouse, and then...
- honked
- flashed the lights
- backed into the driveway (it was still dirt, no cement... Joyce and Tins were in the back)
- rolled down the back windows and locked them
- opened Tin's door
- stalled the car
Ah yes, it was great. Then I gave the car a good shakedown on the Racho San Joaquin backroads, with Joyce and Tin screaming in the back. There's nothing like a good scare to get that heart beating.

I finally put together my desk again last night. It was about time too. I was getting to used to the other desk in the corner, even though it seemed like it was ready to collapse any second from the weight of my humongous monitor. Then moving my computer and stereo into place with all the cords and whatnot took the better chunk of 45 minutes. I hope I don't have to move them again any time soon, but I think I will because I have no idea where the other bunk bed is going to go. Hmmmm...

Today was a good day. I finally cooked (for the first time here), even though it took me a while to build up the motivation. I just kept getting hungrier and hungrier while I started going crazy from starvation. I made some pasta with the frozen grilled chicken Mel got from his sister (which has a May expiration date... as long I don't think about it too much, it tastes fine). Later, I went to go recycle the stuff from 2511 Christopher I left in the garage here and pick up the mail that wasn't forwarded. The guy at the recycling place didn't speak English that well, so I didn't know what he was talking about when he was telling me what they don't buy back. I thought I'd get a nice $5 or so, but only walked away with $1.57. Oh well.

After working out for a while, I went to LOG. Even though I was exactly an hour late, I made most of the meeting. It was a long overdue opportunity to open up again and just figure out where I am in my walk. I feel a lot more focused and relieved now, and it was awesome to sing with those Liwanag angels again.

Being Tuesday and Chris's birthday, we convinced him to treat us to chicken nuggets, and he agreed, but at the McDonalds near EI's place. We rolled deep, and even though I tried to take a few shortcuts I just managed to catch up with everyone later. I suggested we eat on the front yard of the Dollhouse, but I don't think anyone was up for it, at least the girls weren't. We bumped into Mike Cordia over there too. We killed more than twenty six-piece chicken nuggets and plenty of cold-filtered water among us before we got kicked out. We saw Laura Camarena there, so Laura, GP, and I loitered in front even after they shut the lights off and talked about school and growing up and marriage. I never thought I'd be talking about marriage any time soon. People are growing up fast though. Lots of people are getting married too. It makes you think. If I want to get married by 28, I have about 6 years to go. Plus I want to know this person for maybe 3 years minimum before I get married. That leaves 3 years to meet the person I want to marry. But I only have one year left of undergrad. College is the best time to meet people. So after this year, if I don't meet someone, then things get a lot more difficult. But then again, it's all part of the plan. And according to Murphy's Law, nothing goes according to plan all the time. Unless it's in His plan. Maybe I should stop planning then...

We talked until midnight, then rolled back home, racing though Irvine. And it was all free. Besides the gas, but that's another story...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home