Saturday, August 09, 2003

Debbie and Lauren started packing up. It looks like I'll be the last one to start packing. I think it's the worst part of moving, because it's like unwelcome closure. Everything gets stashed away in boxes and bags and things get taken apart... and then you realize that you neglected to pack all sorts of things laying around the house. 5 more days of this. I'm going to miss my room... which just happens to look like a desk and bed thrown in the corner of the living room... even though I didn't have a third wall, much less a door, at night (my time), it was nice. Like I had my own studio apartment, yet attached to 4 other rooms. No more loud music at night and ear-popping loud music during the day. For now though, I'll keep it bumping.

There's too much going on these days. I hate having to pick and choose who to hang out with. The practice MCAT limited things for me though, so it wasn't that bad. No overnight Days retreat (until tomorrow), no movies, just some basketball.

A little exercise is great for the soul. Quan and Elwin were playing basketball, so Martin and I joined then up at the ARC. We were going to play at Mesa Court, but there was some cheer practice or something going on. I saw Roma and Thanh at the ARC courts too, but they were playing tennis. Her brother (Mel) came over and wanted to play, so we ran some 3 on 3 with the guy (?) and girl (Candace) who were shooting around with us.
- game 1: guy/Candace/Elwin/me vs Mel/Quan/Martin - 4 on 3? Yea, we won. We let them have a nice 4 pt run to start on, and then basically shut them down. A win is a win, whether it's 4 on 3 or 3 on 4. 4 beats 3.
- game 2: Martin/Candace/Mel/Quan vs guy/Elwin/me - 3 on 4? It was clearly unfair, so we lost. Mel was tiring me out. 22 years old and I'm lumbering around on the basketball court.
- game 3: Martin/Candace/Quan vs guy/Elwin/me - finally even teams. I wasn't hitting my shots, probably because I had to guard 6'2" 220 lb. Martin and I was hella tired. I got a little more and more aggressive on defense and capped it off with a huge block on Martin. I was just hanging in the air for a while too. All ball. 5'8" Filipino owns 6'2" Englishman. I also had a nice layup under the basket floating from the left of the key, pump faking, then laying it in from the right. Actually I didn't mean to pump fake, I just jumped too late to make it from the left. But it was still a nice shot. Unfortunately, we lost a close game.
- game 4: same teams - I finally hit a few jumpers. Not that it was all that noteworthy, because I was open, but it was better than missing them for sho. Martin reedemed himself by packing one of my reverse layups. I didn't let it happen again. Of course, I didn't drive in much after that. Again, we lost. Sucks.
- game 5: same teams - It took so long for anybody to score that by the time it was 3-1, the lights shut off.

I got home, had a nice strawberry banana protein shake with Martin and passed out on the couch for 2 hours. I guess I am getting old. I have to wake up at 6:30 in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home