Saturday, August 02, 2003

Yikes, too much sleeping in. I feel so lazy.

I watched Lauren and Debbie try to wash their cars today. It was pretty funny. If there's one thing my parents taught me well, it is how to clean. I could have made a nice fingerprint record from the dirt on her door. I figure if you're going to clean something, don't be satisfied with a half-ass job. That's one of my pet peeves, when something is only partially cleaned. It's like when people take showers and come out with the crap still in their eyes. They also cleaned out the fridge our friend Doug gave away. It's a nice 18 cubic incher with an icemaker. I think it would be great where I live next year, with 5 other roommates, but I don't think any offer I make for it will persuade Lauren to part with it. Mel has a fridge though, so I guess it just wasn't meant to be. A free fridge though... if I had a truck, it would have been mine. Whatever. I just have having to repack the fridge every time someone buys food. It's such a pointless chore.

I felt really restless after not doing anything all day, so I cooked enchiladas. I wish I could afford to cook more often. I stuck with trying to make different varieties of chicken and ground beef. It's one of those cost prohibitive things I just love doing... like photography... biking... buying shoes... upgrading my computer... paying rent... no, I hate paying rent. Right after I sampled my food, I went to the Days First Friday vigil. It's been a while since I've gone, and I think it really helped me straighten things out in my head. There's just too much stuff going on that you need to get back to yourself and reevaluate what you're doing. I didn't get to hang out with PUSO board at Saddle Ranch, but I think I was already past due for some spiritual investment. We all wanted to do something afterwards, but we couldn't figure anything out. I guess it was for the best since I'm taking a practice MCAT with Joe in about 6 hours. Fun, fun, fun! I hope I wake up, because now it's either I wake up on time, or I just sleep in. 7 am is fast approaching...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home