Tuesday, July 29, 2003

There are few things that annoy me more than bad drivers. I'm writing my driver's manifesto:
- if you are going to have a conversation on your cell phone, buy a damn headset and use it
- if you want to merge into another lane, the cars in the other lane have the freaking right of way
- if you want to pass somebody, don't cut them off and brake like an idiot; speed up first, brake in your lane until the next car moves ahead enough, then squeeze in and start speeding up again
- if you're going to change lanes when you're behind a slow car, you better pass that guy; don't just clog up the faster lanes
- don't be brake happy
- stay in your own damn lane; the lines are there for a reason
- if you're thinking about weaving, don't. DON'T

That was all the stuff I picked out on my 30 minute drive home. Stupid drivers. Get a clue.

It ended up I didn't really have to go home, but I haven't been home in a while, so I just went. Things were pretty chill at home. My mom can be funny at times, like when she's not biting my head off. Both my mom and my dad seem to be hard of hearing though. I drove back here before midnight and I called home to tell them everything was cool, and my mom reverts back to "remember to..." mode. I couldn't get off the phone. From the time she says goodbye the first time, there's at least a whole minute more of stuff she has to remind me about. I think the six minute conversation could have been better said in one minute. Oh well.

I went over to Chris's place for Karen's, Ernest's, and Rod's birthday surprise thing. I can't believe it's been a year since the last one. It feels like a couple of days ago. There have been so many birthday get-togethers and whatnot lately. I'm not one to turn down an invitation either. I figure for at least one day out of the year, you should be able to go out of your way for a friend. At least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home