Tuesday, July 29, 2003

I had two more dreams this morning. I've been having some crazy dreams lately, and they're starting to play out like movies

Dream 1
I was in the car with my family. My dad was driving and I was in the back along with my brother. I had an unopened bag of bread with me so we'd have something to eat. It was some kind of sweet bread, like cinammon bread. I had it for a while already and I didn't want it to go to waste. My brother opened it up and took some slices out and started eating. I looked at the rest of the slices in the bad and I yelled at my brother. He took the best looking slices and ate them first. It looked like a couple of the slices still in the bag had a little bit of mold on the crust, but you could pick it right off. The slices he took (he had about 5 or 6) were the best ones out of the loaf and he was eating them all.

I started going through the other slices of bread to show him how greedy he was, but when I got the next slice out of the way, there were huge spots of mold on the rest of the slices. I finally got to the second to last slice. When I pulled it out of the bag I saw some folded pieces of paper right behind it. Puzzled, I took out the papers and unfolded them. The first three were completely random, but the fourth one turned out to be a paycheck that looked like one from where I used to work at valet. I opened it up and my dad's name was written on the payee line. There wasn't any other information on it though, no dollar amount, no signature, no memo. I started tripping. How the hell did these papers end up stuck between pieces of bread in this bag? How did I end up that one of my dad's paychecks was one of the pieces of paper? (I think I was really into this dream because I remember going over all the possiblities in my head, while I was dreaming).

Dream 2
For some reason I was back in high school at Ayala. I already finished four years there, but I guess I had one more year to complete. As I was getting there, it was raining and very dark. (It was just like I remember how I'd get to school sometime and the sky was still black and all the streetlights were still on). I think I got dropped off with a bike, a beach cruiser. I had to park the thing, but there are no bike racks in front of the school, so I had to bike to the far end of campus, and I was already close to being late. The bike racks looked pretty full, but there were a bunch of parking signs with bikes locked up on them, so I locked my bike on the closest one to campus. The chain I had was really short, and barely reached around the pole and the bike, but somehow I got it locked.

I walked all the way back and my first class was PE. It was being taught by my 7th grade science teacher Mr. Booth and some other lady. We got dressed out and went outside, but it was still raining and dark, so we all huddled under the overhangs of the buildings. It turns out it was the first day of class, so Mr. Booth started telling us about all the things we'd have to do for the year. After he was done, I asked him if I had to even take the class since I already finished two years of PE (two years was the requirement in high school). He said, "That's right, you did!." He suggested that I take other classes I haven't taken before. I told him that I actually wanted to take PE again.

I think this dream has something to do with me taking 5 years at UCI, even though I probably could have finished easily in 4. I also remember thinking about how high school was so early that sometimes I'd be at school and the sun wasn't even close to rising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home