Friday, August 01, 2003

Man, it was a great day today. I woke up to my alarm at 9, but fell asleep and woke up again to Malcolm (the cat) chewing on a string. Six inches from my face. Silly cat needs to chew with his mouth closed. I needed to be up anyway, as I was late to my HSO meeting (again). Just as I was about to get dressed, my mom called to list off the things she wanted me to do that day. She always loves doing that. 15 minutes later I wash up, throw on some clothes and drive over to University Center. I grabbed a chicken garlic and we actually took care of business pretty well. It's great when you can be productive while still maintaining that nonchalant exterior.

I was walking to my car and bunso (Kathee) is sitting behind a window doing the hand reach thing behind glass. Haha. I sit down and she tells me she's in Irvine because she's practicing the train and bus routes from La Mirada to Irvine. Somehow we cover all sorts of random subjects like: nutrition, unlucky Corona, roommates, eating too much fish, sleeping in class, professor Maximillain Seifert, being grossed out, upending tables...

I called Reg to apologize for not hanging out and it turns out she's eating, so I give bunso a ride and we join 25A + GP at CPK by Fatburger. I didn't even know there was a CPK there until today. The hostess girl was holding the door for someone to leave and I was about to walk in, but she just lets the door go. I was a little speechless at the time, but I should have said "thanks" or something. Whatever. She held the second door though. Ghetto as I am, I pulled out the rest of my chicken garlic and a soda I grabbed from my trunk (both of which I had bunso sneak in with her purse), but the sandwich was too cold and I asked for a water (actually I made Fran ask for a water for me). The pizza was great, even better because I didn't buy it. I wasn't expecting much from the wild mushroom, but it was da bomb. We got the bill and it was about $107. Damn. That's just 7 people. I wonder how much we spend on eating out in a year. I'll bet it's in the 2 grand range.

I had to leave for an Alyansa meeting back at campus, so I gave bunso a ride back and she put 2 quarters in the meter and then stuck one more after I put two more in. Crazy bunso. Then she checked my car to make sure the doors were locked. What a bunso. At least she drives. Hehe. I got the logistics for the freshmen mailers figured out and rolled home. Something got me to stat studying for my MCATs, so I started a practice test online and surprised myself that I still knew stuff. Wow. I showered and left to go to choir practice...

but when I got there, Interfaith was empty. I sat down and studied a bit and then started calling people... Joyce... GP... Joyce... Leo... Joyce... GP... Leo... oh, he's not going... Joyce... GP... oh, it's not at 5:30, it's at 7:30. Great. Two hours to kill so I went over to my future residence to chill and study with Minority Report in the background. I even got to see Noreen and Jon there. It's going to be great having visitors. I never have visitors over here. We leave for practice around 7:30, but not before I take a little nap. It's not everyday I wake up and do things.

Practice was good. I think I found my voice again. It's been missing since I haven't been using it much, not coming out early enough to sing for mass. I hate when it gets like that, because it's almost like I'm stuck in a box and I can't stretch. If you have something, you should use it. Not that I have a great voice, but I have one. So I should use it. I couldn't help but crack up every time Beej did his Joyce-inspired ugly dance. Too funny. Damn UCI parking and transportation though for ticketing "the rental" at 9 pm on a Thursday. Bastards.

After practice I headed over to Tapioca Express. With the $18 bucks we got from recycling our cans and some plastic the roommates (minus Shane) we bought boba for everyone. It's been so long since we've had a good time just chilling and talking. Usually someone is gone or sleeping or we get tired of each other and the everyday roommate crap all roommates deal with. I laughed so much my cheeks got sore.
- Martin and his problem with names (he screwed up our names maybe 7 times tonight... he even called me "honey"... haha), his tunnel vision and super-undivided attention... "so Adam... SO ADAM... What if... what if...," walking through the Spectrum after valet pushing me out of the way
- Adam and his beef with T-Mobile, mumbling, talking with Shane about the same thing every night for 8 months (the Kings, mortages, and credit cards), and a story so twisted nobody could have made it up
- Debbie and freezing baby rats that just don't die, super whiteness, trying to outsleep Malcolm (the cat), throwing up after one shot (in the sink) and then her boyfriend picking the chunks out so it could drain
- Lauren and her mom's middle finger story, spreading salmonella
- me sleeping on the couch, oblivious to Malcolm (the cat) terrorizing the couch cushions, being thrown-up on
- Shane and his underwriter stories, his serious (lack of) girl problem
I even saw Jenna, JP, and Anna-Marie there. I think I'll be hanging around TE a lot next year. I always see people there. It's always a good time too.

I drove home and Martin showed me his future residence down the street a little bit. We even saw a Malcolm (the cat) wannabe sitting in the parking lot, so we slowed down and said what's up. I'm going to miss living here. With these people. Even though there's a lot of stuff I want to get away from, I'm sure after a while all that stuff with just be more to look back on and laugh about. Thirteen more days. A new place, a new address, new roommates, new responsiblities, new job (no not really, but soon hopefully), new bumpers and a new trunk-lid (hopefully by tomorrow)... there's still plenty to look forward to. I feel so blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home