Wednesday, August 27, 2003

My ate Grace called me today. She just got back from backpacking in Europe for 12 days, and tonight she's leaving for New York for another 12 days. I was good to catch up with her. It's almost like we're more old friends than siblings right now considering how little we see each other. Seeing and hearing from so many people these past few days, and scanning through friendster (I said I'd only join if Lauren and Adam's cat invited me, so Malcom the cat is my first friend) and seeing people from high school all grown up and doing their own thing, I get the sense that everything I left behind when I went to off to college is different now. I even stumbled across one girl I knew in high school, but I didn't recognize at first, because I didn't even recognize her name. It turns out she's modeling now and has her own website and all that. Crazy. I remember we had the same PE period and I met her playing basketball with her cousin (I made 6 3-pointers in a row and she was watching). It's really mind-boggling that no matter how much you try to stay in contact with people, you never really know that much about people and their lives unless you're right there with them. Sometimes, you can't even count on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home