Tuesday, September 09, 2003

The more it seems like I'm not doing anything, the less time I have to myself. I'm still almost finished with the PUSO logo. Right after the first Friday Days vigil, I went home. I had to gas it up on the way because the fuel light came on. Five bucks, 2.5 gallons. Ridiculous. It was just enough to get me home from Cerritos with a little left in the tank. But not much. It didn't take long to remember why I hate going home in the summer. The heat. Even at night, I felt sticky, but it wasn't the humidity. I was sweating while the hot breeze came in through the window. Then the mosquitoes made it worse. Luckily, I was able to dodge further mosquito attacks for the majority of the rest of the weekend.

It was the same old same old at home. Sleep, eat, laugh with the siblings, avoid the parents, never leave the house, take 3 hour long naps, sit at the comp, sleep some more. I wish I got to talk to my sisters more, because I see them hardly 4 times a year, but they were doing their own thing. Probably sleeping too. I cut my borthers hair and gave him a nice mullet before fixing it. I cut some other funky stuff into his hair too. I guess that's one of the great things about having a little brother. I also made a deal with him that if I buy a new mouse (because his old one is breaking down) he would get me a big ass hard drive.

Sunday came and we went to church. My fuel light came on again. After mass we were going to visit my grandma's grave. I told my mom I needed gas, but she didn't listen to me and I made it there, but it was kind of crazy. It reminded me of a Seinfeld episode where Kramer tried to take a car he was test driving all the way to the limit before the gas ran out. When we left, my car was facing downhill and it took several starts to get it going because the gas tank is tilted so that your gas doesn't cut out when you go uphill--you can always coast going downhill. I was amazed we made it back. I was kind of surprised that I only tanked up 14.5 gallons though. Sometimes the light doesn't come on until I've used up almost 16 gallons. I practically slept the rest of the day away until it was 10:30 and I had dinner. The leaving ritual was the same too. Parents stall me, the heat got to me, I got lazy/sleepy, mom packs too much food for me that I have to refuse it, grade talk comes up... it was good to escape that Inland Valley heat. I dropped by Lauren and Adam's place to get our old house's deposit refund check signed. Malcolm (the cat) didn't forget me yet... I think. What a funny cat. Their stupid sprinklers flood the sidewalk though. I thought I learned the first time to walk on the grass hill, but I guess I'll get it by the next time.

Today I had a lot planned, but none of it really worked out, so I just helped out with the LOG/PUSO mailers and worked out. Our downstairs neighbor wrote yet another letter about the noise. It's so DAMN stressful having to deal with cranky neighbors. Is it right for her to complain even though she knows the floor isn't the best at keeping the sound out and we're already walking on eggshells in here? She even complains about late showers, even though it only happens maybe twice or three times a month. Geez. This sucks. There isn't much more we can do to please her besides going to a lights-off schedule at 11 pm. Ridiculous.

3:19... early lights out. For me at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home