Sunday, August 01, 2004

Driving back from the retreat was fun. The drive there was a little tiring considering the 3 hours sleep I got and the sun which was glaring in our eyes in the car. I love driving at night though. Moonroof open, open roads, good music, 5 speeds, and people along for the ride. There was a huge bright full moon painting the road a deep blue and 30 miles of curves. I wished I could have stayed the whole night, but I think I gave what I needed to give and took from it what I've needed for a long time. God bless those crazy Loggers. But forget about mafia. What's the freakin point if nobody listens to you? I was really pushing it down the mountain, making the tires squeal more than a few times. I think my brakes need replacement soon, because I could feel some wobbling in the steering wheel when I was braking hard, so I let up a little bit on the second half down the mountain. We cruised at 85 mph till the 57, where Mel and I guessed what time we get back to the apartment. I guessed 12:22 and he guessed 12:46. I underestimated the distance a little bit because I thought we were around Fullerton, but it was still about 5 minutes away. The carpool lane was hauling though, so we exited the 405 around 12:21. Then we caught a red light so I went around the back way and was just about to stop the engine at 12:23, and then the clock turned

::12:24::

right before I turned the key. Doh!! A freakin tie! Who woulda thunk?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home