Thursday, October 14, 2004

Sometimes when I go to work, I read the Wall Street Journal and news online. It helps to keep my sanity when Scott's going crazy. I remember reading about managers. They tend to hire people not unlike themselves, either of the same ideology or an idealized version of themselves. In practice, this doesn't promote creativity or growth, as diverse and conflicting view do not get equal representation. And then I thought about how it can apply to relationships. That search to find something in common. You might just end up looking for everything you want to be about, but have quite lived up to. That's kind of scary. Suddenly I feel I should throw my expectations out the window. I guess that simplifies things a little bit... in my mind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home