Friday, April 25, 2003

It's come to the point where I'm not sure if I'm sick or if my morning allergies/histamine overload is keeping me from waking up and feeling rested. I have that sore throat feeling when I try to take a deep breath or breathe out hard, but I'm not really coughing at all. Plus, in the middle of the day, I feel fine, just tired. When I wake up, man... my sinuses and nasal passages hurt. Like my thumb now, which I strained playing bball. Which I first sprained in the fall at the Bahay Kubo event thingee playing catch with Cris. I think won't heal right because it's my funked up right thumb, the one which never straightened out all the way. Oh well.

Wednesday I woke up hella late (sometime around 2 I think) and proceeded to finish my paper. I still wasn't done by 6 (so no UV) and barely finished by 7. Mantadory senior suite practice from 8-11... I rolled over there thinking I might be late or something, but even for a mandatory thing, senioritis is still a factor. I grabbed a footlong from Subway and came back, practiced some, and shared the other half of my sandwich with somebody. You got to make sure everyone's fed. Especially when you have a whole lot of food. My new partner Joy is alright, but we don't really click like I do with some of the other people in the suite, so she talks to one of her friends when we're not dancing, leaving me kinda hanging, because there's like 30 seconds to chill before they rewind the music and start again. For the end part, we're supposed to do this one group pose and she's supposed to sit on my knee, but I complained that the concrete floor was hurting my other knee (still bruised from volleyball and racquetball), so she just starting to pretend to sit, kind of floating above me knee. How's that for chemistry? Maybe we'll have some next week.

Thursday I tried to make my history class, but made the last 20 minutes, and they were watching a movie, so I didn't feel like interrupting. Charlene told me later that most of the information on the midterm will be from the lectures, not so much from the books. Sucks for me. Went to history discussion horribly unprepared, but actually participated more than anybody else. Seems like nobody speaks up in those breadth classes. I didn't want to go to math discussion, but I forced myself. I just felt blehhhhh... and I ended up falling asleep halfway through. I hope I didn't snore or anything, but I know I was head bobbing. I wonder if the TA saw... he's pretty cool though. I remembered Thursday lunch at Interfaith, and got some free food, chilled for a while, then headed home. I walked out of Interfaith around 2:30 and the campus looked dead. It's too bad UCI is such a commuter school. It'd be nice to still have people around campus between class hours, and at night. I went home, did some laundry, and didn't do the dishes sitting in the sink for the last 3 or 4 days. My roommate bought some adidas basketball shoes, even though I told him about some nikes that were selling for way cheaper ($70 versus $100) and got the same rating, even better actually, on www.kicksology.com, but he's a stubborn one, saying he's had a bad experience with nikes because the air always pops on him, but the shoes I recommended don't even use the air technology... I guess brand loyalty trumps price for some. We rolled out to our intermural bball game, which started out 5 on 4 in our favor, but we still couldn't capitalize. They finally got their fifth guy five minutes in and started to pull away, and one of our dudes kept us in it (not really, but he poured in like 16 or 18). Final score 50-25. The other team was tall and bigger than the team we played last week, and they played dirty... calling ticky tack fouls but shoving around the baseline to box out. If you go up for a shot and call foul before you take the shot, most of the time it's BS. So I turned up my D, and they started to get all pissed because we'd foul a little more, but they still kept shoving and whatnot. I still haven't scored in the last two games though... hopefully my scoring will pick up sometime, or it'll be a long season. I got Nolan from senior suite to play with us next week, and I think he can definitely ball with the bigger guys, so we'll be better off then. I lifted for a little while, forcing my roommate to do it too, which he didn't want to, but that's what you have to do sometimes to get people to work out with you. We grabbed some Subway afterwards, and I went to YFC's praisefest prep thing. I came home to news of the T-Wolves' win over the Lakers. Go KG! Sorry Laker fans, but Minnesota deserved that win... especially with all the garbage calls the refs made. I did the dishes while a headache set in, and by the time I was done, I was too tired and couldn't think to do anything else so I slept...

and woke up an hour before my alarm to that good old sinus pain again. I fought it for a good 20 minutes before I could fall asleep again... and I just woke up again at 1:30. Oh well. Bball anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home