Wednesday, February 08, 2006

keep your eyes open

Two kids were walking near a park. One shouted "What's your apartment number?" The other yelled back, "I can't give out that kind of information." It's scary how we have to be that cautious about even our address.

I think I have blisters on the balls of my feet. I'd rather not check, because if it were true, then they'd probably irritate more than they do now. That'll teach me to tie my shoes.

Teaching science isn't so easy when you're giving a crash course in English at the same time. I wonder what the parents of the kids I tutor would say if I suggested that I work twice as many hours with them as I do now, with a greater emphasis on language and vocabulary than regular subject matter. Progress is slow, to say the least.

It's nice to see people you know while driving. It makes the world a little bit smaller. Hi Noreen. Nice seeing you.

My mom turned 64 today. Many blessings counted, hopefully many more to come. My dad wrote "HAPPY B-DAY MAMMA" on a piece of white paper in orange highlighter and left it on the dinner table. Coming from my dad, that's something. Home feels like it should. I think I need to spend more time here.

I drove home from Irvine, never once going over 65 MPH. I've been driving a lot slower nowadays, usually about 65 unless I'm dead tired or I need to get somewhere fast. It really eliminates most of the road rage I used to get. Some drivers are still stupid, though. It's a lot less aggravating for them to pass me than for me to get all the way around them though. Maybe I'll try 60 MPH one day. I never would have thought I would enjoy driving under the speed limit on the freeway.

Things change.

Almost 25 years old, and I'm having major growing pains. You start to believe that you're too old, but I'll take growing too fast over dying slowly anyday. Save your money, spend your life.

construction ahead

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home