Thursday, February 09, 2006

The last several games I've bowled probably added up to about 100. I think my average was about 30. I think I was trying to hard. Or thinking too hard. Today I bowled a 73 my first game, trying hard to do everything right. Then I stopped trying so hard and ended up with a 122 my next game. Personal freakin best. How do you go from a sub 20 game (my previous game... sad but true) to a 73 to a 122? I don't know. To prove it wasn't a fluke, I got a 116 on my last game, making my average for today over 100. Who woulda thunk? I think I should invest in some bowling shoes.

I've been feeling a little bit lost.

Driving east on the 91 through Yorba Linda/Corona near the 241 toll road, I couldn't keep my eyes off the glowing smoke and flames right near the 91-241 interchange. If I was a little more bold, I would have pulled over and taken some pictures. I think it's one of the more picturesque sections of freeway around here, and with the other-worldliness of the brushfires, I had one eye on the fires and one on the road until I passed by. It's a little unnerving knowing that it's only about 5 miles from my house. I remember back in 1990 when the brushfires were crazy in Chino Hills and we family watched them from our balcony. Crazy.

i walk around as if i've lost something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home