Wednesday, August 04, 2004

It was a day of moments, revelations, and things I wish I could describe as well I as see them in my mind. The realization that love isn't a risk; love embraces joy, pain, happiness, and sorrow in the same breath. Most of the time, we're never quite ready to accept that. One of the biggest human flaws is not being able to let go... of anything. Then right before I left for work the apartment filled up with people and I felt blessed to have have these people in my life. Work isn't so much work if it's something you'd do anyway. Working with kids has awakened some paternal spirit in me. It puts life in perspective when the world gives us worries like credit card debt and car repairs, you make a connection with a child and you forget all the "real world" pushes on me just long enough to appreciate the beauty of life. Angie told me how surprised Scott was when she gave him the round of golf we split for his birthday. I actually made most of the Liwanag meeting this week, after weeks and months of being more MIA than I could remember. Hold'em in Interfaith and late night boba runs to close out the night, and now I feel an incredible sense of peace in the stillness that 3 am brings. God bless these wonderful souls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home